GREAT KHUVSGULAdventure Sightseeing Tour
OverviewOn this an adventurous 4WD /total1450km driving/ trip to northern Mongolia with one-way domestic flight, we will experience the incredible diversity of scenery in Mongolia abounds. There are much of the journey being on dirt roads but it is also highly rewarding with spectacular scenery and memorable sights throughout, offering plenty of good walks, beautiful nature and cultural interactions.
Our tour will take 8 days to cover the best travel destinations in Mongolia including UNESCO World Heritage Sites; Mongolian Ancient Capita Karakorum - ruins and museum of ancient, Taikhar rock, Terkh white Lake, Khorgo extinct volcano, the most visited Terelj National Park and famous Genghis Khan’s statue complex, which is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world.
The tour continues to the Northern Mongolia for Khovsgol Lake; the second largest freshwater lake in Central Asia, making up over 1% of the world’s freshwater storage. It is one of the most beautiful and scenic spots in Mongolia, where high mountain peaks, forests, lush meadows and steppes all form a rich ecosystem and diverse wildlife habitats. Also, visit Tsaatan minority who live in huts and reindeer herding.
|$ 1590||$ 1770||$ 1990|
Per adult in a twin share room Want your own room? from an extra USD 240
NO BOOKING OR CREDIT CARD FEES
BEST PRICE QUARENTEE Flexible to choose your travel dates
|DESTINATION||10 destinations in Mongolia|
|START/END IN||Ulaanbaatar/ Ulaanbaatar|
|AGE RANGE||min 3 years old|
|ACCOMADATION||Hotel (2 nights), Tourist camp ger (5 nights)|
|MEALS||Breakfasts 7, Lunches 6, Dinners 7|
|GROUP SIZE||min 2 max 18|
|TRANSPORT||Jeep & 4WD, plane|
|AVIALABILITY||2019-06-01 to 2019-10-01|
Today we will drive back to Ulaanbaatar. On the way visit “Genghis Khan Statue Complex” which is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There is a recreation area, restaurants, and souvenir shops occupy the base structure. From here, you can ascend to the head of the horse using an elevator. There you have a good panoramic view of the complex area and the scenery beyond. You are now definitely in Genghis Khan’s country!
We will visit Zaisan Memorial Hill is located on the south side of Ulaanbaatar City, right beside the Bogd Khan Mountain having the best view of the city and surrounding hills.
Next visit Bogd Khan Palace museum - the complex was a residence of 8th Bogd Javzandamba in the 19th century, the head of Mongolian religion. The palace consists of seven Summer Prayer temples and the winter palace.
After lunch, visit “Gandan” Monastery, Mongolia’s largest functioning Buddhist monastery including the Mongolian Buddhist University. The highlight of visiting Gandan is the 26-meter-high majestic gilded indoor statue of Megjid Janraisig.
Afterward, free of your choice. You can be transferred to the hotel for rest and refreshment or go shopping for souvenirs and local products, your guide will be ready to serve you for that. Suggested shopping places are State department store, famous “Gobi” cashmere factory store.
In the evening, we will visit “Wonders of Mongolia” folklore show by famous Tumen-Ekh ensemble - is one of the most successful folk art groups to share traditional Mongolian music with the world, having traveled to over 40 countries. Will have dinner at 8:00 o’clock and transferred to hotel.
- Hotel 4-5 star (1 night)
- Zaisan Memorial Hill
- Bogd Khan Palace museum
- “Gandan” Monastery
- Shopping at Department store, Gobi cashmere factory store
- “Wonders of Mongolia” folklore show
- Breakfast at/tourist ger camp restaurant/ Terelj national park
- Lunch at/ restaurant/ in Ulaanbaatar/
- Dinner at/ restaurant/ in Ulaanbaatar/
Inclusions and Exclusions
TOUR FARE INCLUDED
- Airport Pick up / Drop off service with privet Vehicle for Arrival/Departure
- All Hotels 4-5star and Good tourist ger camps during the trip.
- Hotel (2 nights ) based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds.
- Tourist Ger Camp (5 nights) - based on two persons sharing one Ger with twin beds.
- If you would like to spend one or two nights as a homestay in the local nomadic family or in a ger camp please just mention it when you book our tour.
- All meals during the trip (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners )
- Privet Vehicle in the countryside trip and city tour during your trip & petrol + experienced driver
- Private English speaking guides at all times
- Domestic flight tickets (Khovsgol -Ulaanbaatar city) free luggage allowance is 15kg
- Camel 1 hour, Horse riding + horse riding guide 1-hour boating fee according to the itinerary
- “Wonders of Mongolian Art” performance with Tumen-Ekh ensemble
- All entrance fees of museums, attractions, national parks and protected areas according to the itinerary
- Bottled water – 1 liter per day
- Visa invitation letter, if required
- all taxes
TOUR FARE EXCLUDED
- International Airfare
- Daily personal expenses
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for Domestic flights
- Laundry, camera & video fees at any states
- Visa application & fees
- Changes of arrival/ departure flight
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Meals/beverages not stated in itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks