TAIMEN FISHING ADVENTUREJoin into a small Fishing
OverviewOur Taimen Fishing Tour will cover the best fishing spots on the Khug, Shishget, Sharga, Tengis and Delgermurun rivers in northern Mongolia. These rivers are every fisherman’s dream. They are clear and easy to wade – even the banks are easy walking – and range in size from 40 to 120 feet wide. It is hard to imagine that a fish as large as the Taimen can live in these waters.
Taimens are the world’s largest member of the Salmonid Family which encompasses all trout, char, salmon, grayling and whitefish species. These ancient fish average from 30-40 inches in length with some reaching 60 plus inches. Native to Central Asia, the Taimen has called the high desert of Mongolia home for thousands of years. These amazing, predatory fish have only become an exposed and prominent species in the last few decades.
The Fishing season in Mongolia is from 15th June to 15th October our tour is open during fishing season. Water conditions in Mongolia are generally quite stable. However, if the headwaters of our rivers do receive a heavy rain, off-color water conditions are possible. In the past, we have found that fishing is still possible in off-color conditions and that the rivers generally clear quickly. And also this is why we going for four different river’s four different locations for fishing if one or two destinations will have muddy water conditions we will stay in the other two to continue our fishing.
Fishing weeks will not be canceled; refunds will not be offered if muddy water conditions occur during the course of the season. Elite Tour Mongolia cannot be responsible for the water conditions during the fishing season. In the event of high water that causes a week to be re-scheduled, we will offer to reschedule you later in the season or next year.
|$ 2290||$ 0000||$ 0000|
Per adult in a twin share room Want your own room? from an extra USD 240
NO BOOKING OR CREDIT CARD FEES
BEST PRICE QUARENTEE Flexible to choose your travel dates
|DESTINATION||5 Rivers in Mongolia|
|START/END IN||Ulaanbaatar/ Ulaanbaatar|
|TOTAL DRIVING||900 km|
|AGE RANGE||min 18 years old|
|ACCOMADATION||Hotel (2 nights), Tourist camp ger (3 nights), Camping Tent (3 nights)|
|MEALS||Breakfasts 8, Lunches 7, Dinners 8|
|GROUP SIZE||min 4 max 12|
|TRANSPORT||Jeep & 4WD, plane, Boat|
|AVIALABILITY||2019-06-14 to 2019-10-15|
- Experiencing the incredible diversity of Mongolia’ landscape
- Khug River
- Shishget River
- Sharga River
- Delgermurun river
- Ulaanbaatar city tour
After breakfast in the morning, we will be fishing. And we will drive back to Murun town to catch a flight (at 12 noon) to Ulaanbaatar city. Arrival at (13.30PM). when we arrive in Ulaanbaatar we will check in to the hotel and will visit “Gandan” Monastery, Mongolia’s largest functioning Buddhist monastery including the Mongolian Buddhist University.
The highlight of visiting Gandan is a 26-meter-high majestic gilded indoor statue of Megjid Janraisig. Afterward go shopping for souvenirs and local products at the State department store, famous “Gobi” cashmere factory store.
In the evening, we will visit “Wonders of Mongolia” folklore show by famous Tumen-Ekh ensemble - is one of the most successful folk art groups to share traditional Mongolian music with the world, having traveled to over 40 countries. Will have dinner at 8:00 o’clock and transferred to the hotel.
- Hotel (1 night)
- “Gandan” Monastery
- Shopping at Department store, Gobi cashmere factory store
- “Wonders of Mongolia” folklore show
- Breakfast at /Tourist ger camp restaurant/ Delgermurun river
- Lunch at /Tourist ger camp restaurant/ Murun city
- Dinner at /Tourist ger camp restaurant/ Ulaanbaatar
You will be free at leisure in your hotel or wander around on your own until being escorted to the Chinggis Khaan International Airport for your departure flight home.
Your driver will assist you with flight check-in and luggage, and see you off at the point of security check. Note: You must be at the Chinggis Khaan International Airport 2 hours before your flight time.
- Breakfast at /hotel restaurant/
Inclusions and Exclusions
TOUR FARE INCLUDED
- Airport Pick up / Drop off service with privet Vehicle for Arrival/Departure and Domestic Flight Pick up/ Drop off service
- All Hotels 4-5star and Good tourist ger camps during trip.
- Hotel (2 nights ) based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds.
- Tourist Ger Camp (3 nights) with private bathroom based on two persons sharing one Ger with twin beds.
- Tent at the river (3 nights) based on two persons sharing one Tent with twin camping mats
- All meals during trip (8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners )
- Privet Vehicle in the countryside trip and city tour during your trip & petrol + experienced driver
- Private English speaking guides at all times
- Private Local Fishing guide
- Domestic flight tickets (Khuvsgul -Ulaanbaatar city-Khuvsul) free luggage allowance is 15kg
- Boating fee according to the itinerary
- Fishing Permits
- Bottled water – 1 liter per day
- Visa invitation letter, if required
- all taxes
TOUR FARE EXCLUDED
- International Airfare
- Daily personal expenses
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for Domestic flights
- Laundry, camera & video fees at any states
- Visa application & fees
- Changes of arrival/ departure flight
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Alcoholic drinks