To/From ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA
Chinggis Khaan International Airport outside of Ulaanbaatar (located just 18 km to the southwest of Ulaanbaatar) is the only airport in Mongolia that offers international flights. Direct flights are available from Berlin (German), Moscow (Russia), Beijing (China), Seoul (Korea), and Tokyo (Japan).
The following are several routes by air to Mongolia from various destinations:
- From the USA, EAST ASIA, AUSTRALIA, and NEW ZEALAND to SEOUL by major carriers and then to Ulaanbaatar with MIAT Mongolian Airlines (OM) or Korean Air (KAL)
- From EUROPE to MOSCOW (Russia) then to Ulaanbaatar with Aeroflot (SU)or MIAT Mongolian Airline (OM).
- From EUROPE, USA, EAST ASIA, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND to BEIJING (China) with the major carriers and then to Ulaanbaatar with MIAT (OM) or Air China (CA)
- From EUROPE, USA, EAST ASIA, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND to OSAKA (Japan) with major carriers and then to Ulaanbaatar with MIAT Mongolian Airlines (OM)
- From BERLIN and FRANKFURT to ULAANBAATAR by MIAT (OM) via Moscow
- From ISTANBUL, TURKEY to ULAANBAATAR by TURKISH AIRLINES (OM)
MONGOLIA DOMESTIC FLIGHT INFORMATION
Fares & Schedules Mongolian Internal flight coverage is pretty good in Mongolia with frequent flights to many cities. The price is reasonable and airfare can be altered without any difficulty.